Click on the button to print the challenge. Write the titles of the books you read and bring the completed sheet to the library to be entered in a draw to win one of 8 prizes of $20 to spend on books at the March Scholastic book fair.
Open to all MES students, younger children can be read to. Only one entry per student. Contest runs Feb. 1st – March 9th.
Send a challenge pic to email@example.com and we may post it on our webpage.
- Read a book with bullying as the subject. (Use the Magrath SchoolLibrary Collection tab to search by subject in our collection.)
- Read a book published the year you were born. (Use the advanced search option found in the top right, click publication year, type in the year and submit.)
- Celebrate the February birthdays of Laura Ingalls Wilder (7th), or David Wiesner (5th) by reading one of their books. (Search by author’s last name first - ie: Wiesner, David)
- How many books in our library are written by David Wiesner? ____
- Read a book featuring penguins, polar bears, or snow. (Search by subject or keyword.)
- Build a fort and read any book you like inside it.
- Read aloud to someone you love in honour of Valentine’s Day.
- To celebrate Norman Bridwell’s birthday on Feb. 15th, read a Clifford book.
- Build a fort to read a book of your choice in.
- Read a book with pictures of snow in it.
- In honour of Valentine’s Day, read aloud with someone you love.
- Read a non-fiction book about any animal. Tell someone a new fact you learned.
- Read a book that someone in your house recommends to you.